Freitag, 14. Oktober 2011

Get your guns, chainsaws, crowbars and disks to throw at'em, cause they are back!

Once upon a time in 1968, something beautiful started. Well at least in my twisted little mind, because the beginning of "Dead" hit theaters. For all of you, who don't know what I'm reffering to, you better write the next pharagraph down, because this is freaking essential!

Ok, I wasn't even alive in 1968, hell my parents probably didn't even know each other back then, the big battle of Khe Sanh in the Vietnam War ended April 8th, the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl and freaking Swaziland became independent. But being more important for this actual post,  George A. Romero brought us "Night of the Living Dead"! The beginning of something special, something great and something I could not be without today: dumb ass corpses craving for brains and guts of people like you and me; Zombies!


Hey, hold your horses! Don't get all upset with me now! I agree, there were earlier versions of "Zombies" in movies, like "White Zombie" in 1932 or even in the expressionistic movie "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari", which I actually was forced to watch during my studies, in 1919. Or if you are an extrem geek and you're like "Hell, there was Frankenstein in 1910, he's sort of a Zombie as well", guess I would even agree with you on that. BUT, todays movies about Zombies are, if you asked me and you do cause you're reading this, based on the "Dead"-Movies.

Allright now, let's leave the history channel and get back to my actual post. AMC started in 2010 something I truly adore and respect. Especially after the big slack period of good Zombie movies, they brought back something to the screen which got me from the pilot all the way to the freaking seven month or so of waiting between Season 1 and Season 2: a totally brilliant Zombie Apocalypse TV Series. Not only did the writers think twice before starting with some scribbles, the cinematography is beautiful, the cast solid and best of all, stupid-gut-driven and highly discusting to look at Zombies.

"The Walking Dead" had me after 5 minutes into the pilot, because Rick Grimes played by Andrew Lincoln put a bullet between a little girls eyes. Oh come on, give me a break. I'm not a freaking sadist. The little chick was a ugly Zombie! What would you have done? Seriously, that little basterd had it's teeth right there where my family jeweles are, no joking there, come close - catch a bullet! Anyway back to topic, spiced with different plots of struggle between a group of people, connected or not, fighting flesh eating zombies (which are truly amazing to look at) and still have some good sex scenes in the show, what else are you looking for?

So after only seven episodes in the first Season, having some characters missing who might return in Season two, more drama and way of a new journey ahead of them, "The Walking Dead" is comming back in two days, October 16th. Check out the offical trailer of Season two, and let me know what you think about it.


I'm defo gettin my "In case of a Zombie break-out"-Kit ready and jump right into Season 2. This is going to be freaking knightASTIC!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen